Monday, December 31, 2007

Auld Lang Syne

Well, 2007 is winding down to a close. It's been a good year - we went to Vegas, Airbear became a homeowner (and I became a home-resider!), I got to move to the Seattle campus and stop commuting four bojillion miles to work every day, and I feel like I really got the whole manager thing started off well. I've also done really well with money here at the end of the year, and at the beginning of the year demonstrated that I can do really well with eating healthily (even if I am not, at the moment, actually doing so). We both solidified some friendships, too, and I at least feel like I have stopped worrying about the rest of them that are douchebags. Well, most of the time.

So before we head out to a New Year's Party (hosted by some of the aforementioned people), I am shamelessly copying LaRue's look ahead at 2008[1]:

Top 5 Things To Do In 2008
5. Send more letters (real life letters) to some of my "chronologically gifted" relatives
4. Learn new things [2]
3. Dance! Now that I'm at the Seattle campus, there should be lots of studios on my way home. I need to set something up!
2. Encourage political (and other) awareness in my students, and threaten to fail any 18-yr-olds who don't get educated and vote
1. Pay off billz! [3]

Top 5 Things To Avoid In 2008
5. Working too hard on my stupid procert portfolio instead of just getting it over with
4. Getting worked up over stupid people (or determinedly irritating students)
3. Working more than 40 hours/week
2. My crazy boss
1. Meteorites [4]


Happy New Year, everyone!


[1] It's okay because she already shamelessly copied it from something else.
[2] Obviously not during my procert, but afterward.
[3] Year-end bill progress tally and goals to follow in next p0ast.
[4] This was Airbear's suggestion. I was out of ideas.

No comments: