Wednesday, April 16, 2008

TEH BIG UPDATE

Okay, so I know you've all been waiting breathlessly (well, I have!), and it's finally time for the big update I've been going on and on about. I took nearly all of my savings[1], dumped it into my checking account and paid off my 0% interest card (two weeks before the interest rate would have kicked in, in May). Because I knew I was going to p0ast an update and I wanted the update figure to be even bigger, I even paid an extra $300 (what was left of the saving surplus after the 0% card) onto the next card in line[2]. So you see, the very fact that you are reading this blog motivates me to chip away at my debt when I could be holding onto those "little cushions" and frittering them away on bullshit! Don't you feel helpful now? :) You should!

So anyway, I am down to only two credit cards left to pay off now, and a pretty hefty-size chunk I owe my mom. But there's progress, and do you want to see it? In all it's numerical-form glory?!?!!?!?


Total Debt Paid Off Since November, 2007: $10,337.99


In FIVE MONTHS, BABY YEAH!



[1] Aside from $900, because you get a special higher interest rate on everything up to $800 in both savings and checking, and I've made it a point to be above that in both accounts for some time now, in order to milk as much interest as possible out of the system. I like the interest, oh yes I do.
[2] ..which is now my highest interest rate card, at a whopping 4.99% locked for life. Whoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stop paying debt and go to vegas with us!