Friday, January 9, 2009

Successes

So I made it to seven consecutive no-spending days (7 days of absolutely $0, people!). It feels like a huge accomplishment to me. I don't know if people who aren't in the same money-geek thread I am think much of it. But let me just tell you it feels pretty awesome and I am enjoying it. So yay for good feelings :)

And speaking of good feelings, this past week was craaazy busy at work. Which is a great thing! I have been tired of it being so boring around there, and I have some strong potentials for new clients. That means more hours for my teachers, assessments for me to do (which I really do like doing), more kids we get to help, and a bit more $$ in the bank for Nitza. I think that people are feeling optimistic right now (new year, new president, snow melting away) and I hope it's a trend that continues. It does seem to help business, and besides, I like it when people are happy.

I'm also pulling some electronic strings and getting a new checking account set up that will give me a great rate - better than any savings account I've been able to find so far, ironically - so when that gets taken care of in another few days I will feel like I've made some real savings progress for 2009. Woo hoo!

And now I'm off to take a nap with the kitties. ;)

No comments: